Tax Relief
Marriage Licenses
Beer Licenses


Passports (by appointment only)

Passport application can be processed by appointment in the Clerk/Auditor's Office on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please bring all required items for the passport.

The application forms may be obtained and completed in our office in approximately 20 minutes.

The Clerk/Auditor's office does not issue the passport. The completed application is sent to the U.S. Passport Agency in San Francisco which issues the official passport.

Items Required to Apply for a Passport

1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship

  • A previous U.S. Passport
  • If you were born in the U.S. a certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the state, city, or county of your birth (a certified copy will have a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multi color seal). For information on acquisition of out-of-state birth certificates try www.vitalchek.com.
  • If you were born abroad, bring a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen, or a Certificate of Birth (Forms FS545 or DS-1350).

2. One photograph (Brief Description)

The photo must be recent (within the last six months), identical, 2X2 inches, in color.

It must show a front view, full face, on a plain, light (white or off-white) background.

Vending machine photographs are not acceptable.

For full details go to www.travel.state.gov.

3. Proof of Identity

A previous U.S. Passport, a Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, a valid drivers license, government or military ID, or corporate ID.

For applicants under the age of 16 a parent's ID will be required.

4. Fees

For applicants 16 years or older, a $110.00 ($30.00 for pass card) check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State.

For applicants 15 and under, a $80.00 ($15.00 for pass card) check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State.


Twenty-five dollars ($25.00) cash or check made payable to the San Juan County Clerk.

5. A Completed Form

Applications may be obtained from the Clerk/Auditor's office at 117 South Main Street, Monticello, Utah 1-435-587-3223 or forms can be downloaded from www.travel.state.gov.

Allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks to receive a completed passport from the U.S. Passport Agency in San Francisco. If you require your passport before the 4 to 6 week processing period, you will need to expedite the passport.

Expedition of Passports

A $60.00 check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State.

If your travel plans change while you are awaiting your passport, or if you need to inquire about the issuance of your passport, the National Passport information Center (NPIC) can provide assistance.

You may speak with a Customer Service Representative by calling 1-877-487-2778 TDD Users 1-888-874-7793.

Customer Service Representatives are available from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST Monday-Friday (Excluding Federal Holidays).


John David Nielson, San Juan County Clerk/Auditor
435-587-3223 ext. 4113

James Francom, Office Manager
435-587-3223 ext. 4112

Angel Arch, Canyonlands National Park,
 San Juan County, Utah

San Juan County photos

Commission Minutes

Commission Agenda

Employee Directory

Employment Opportunities

San Juan County Sheriff

Pay Property Taxes Online

County Master Plan

County Ordinances

Risk Management

Marriage Licenses


Travel Plan





Home ] Contact Us ] Commission ] Administration ] Aging ] Assessor ] Attorney ] Building Insp. ] Clerk/Auditor ] Economic Dev. ] Emergency ] Elections/Voting ] ITS ] Justice Court ] Landfill ] Personnel ] Planning ] Recorder ] Surveyor ] Treasurer ] Victim Advocate ] Visitor Services ] Zoning ]

Questions or Comments about this site: webmaster