SERVICES PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY SAN JUAN COUNTY
- Transportation There are buses available at all four centers. When you need transportation to the center, arrangements are made by calling the center near you. You are picked up and transported to the center and then returned home. One day a week the bus is available to take seniors places like the bank or grocery shopping. On occasion we will provide transportation to medical appointments.
- Meals We offer home delivered meals five days a week at the Blanding and Monticello centers, and two times a week at the Bluff and La Sal centers. The purpose of the Home Delivered Meal Program is to help older people, who are homebound, remain independent in their own homes by providing one hot nutritious meal per day. Two days of the week we have congregate meals at the center where Seniors can come and socialize together while they have lunch.
- SHIP Senior Health Insurance Program. The Health Insurance Information Program provides information to help guide you in making decisions regarding your health insurance options.
- Senior Center Activities A variety of recreational activities may be enjoyed at the center. Pool tables are available at the Blanding Center. There are also crafts, bingo & other games and social gatherings. Contact your local center to find out about the planned activities in your area.
- Legal Services Regular group seminars are available at the Centers with a variety of informational subjects that are of interest to the older individuals throughout the year. Call the centers for more information.
- Preventive Health Blood pressure clinics are available monthly at the centers. Nutrition education will be available on a regularly scheduled basis or by appointment. Other clinics will be held periodically throughout the year. A flu vaccination clinic will be held each fall.
- Caregiver Respite Care Program The purpose of the Caregivers Respite Program is to provide intermittent and/or time limited relief to caregivers of adults. The care receiver must be suffering from long-term illness or conditions where the level of such care giving responsibilities creates extreme stress and other sources of informal relief are not sufficient. The Respite Program shall be direct to caregivers or care receivers who are over the age of 60.
- Ombudsman The Long Term Care ombudsman protects the residents rights in Nursing Homes, Residential Care facilities and Adult Foster Care by voicing and resolving the concerns which many elderly face. Ombudsmen help with problems about quality of care, food, finances, choice of visitors, resident rights and other concerns a resident may have. Ombudsmen receive complaints from residents, family members, facility staff or anyone concerned about the resident.
- Alternatives Program The program offers a wide variety of in-home services available to adults based on an assessment of their needs. The individual receives a comprehensive assessment by a case manager and, at times, a registered nurse, examining the client’s physical, mental, social and financial status. The case manager works closely with the individual, their family, and other social and health agencies to identify service needs and the funding resources available to meet those needs.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program The “Waiver” means the usual income limit for Medicaid is waived and an individual is allowed to keep additional funds for their living expenses in the home. The asset limit for Medicaid remains the same. A couple’s financial eligibility is determined under Spousal Impoverishment rules.Services provided under the waiver include: Case Management, Homemaking, Supportive Maintenance (Personal care and other hands on hygiene assistance), Secondary Meal (Ensure), and Respite.For more information about the programs please contact the following
- There is no fee for the waiver, however if the client’s income exceeds what the waiver allows, there may be a monthly spend down to meet the Medicaid eligibility levels.
For more information please contact the following:
Director, Area Agency for Aging
P.O. Box 9
117 S. Main Street
Monticello Utah 84535